825 5th Street, 3rd Floor, Room 310
Eureka, CA 95501
Fax: (707) 476-2487
The CVSO is an office established by the Board of Supervisors of Humboldt County to assist veterans, their dependents and survivors, and the general public in obtaining benefits from federal, state and local agencies administering programs for veterans. They are a county agency and not a federal Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA).
The purpose of the CVSO is to provide advocacy to the veteran community regarding entitlement rights to federal, state and local benefits programs.
They offer the following services:
- Comprehensive benefit counseling.
- Claim preparation and submission.
- Claim follow-up to insure final decision.
- Initiate and develop appeals when appropriate.
- Networking with federal, state and local agencies.