You were looking for a website that could answer your job and career-related questions and we're glad you found ours.
Tips to Get You Going
Finding a job may not be easy, especially when people think you're too young to have the right experience or responsibility to do a job well. It's also difficult to decide on a career. In fact, most of us never stop asking ourselves that age-old question, "What do I want to be when I grow up?" To help get your job search started, spend some time looking through the following links for tips:
You can also call or come by The Job Market for Information on workshops and career counseling to help you!
Keeping Your Job
Getting the job isn't the end of your hard work! You must show the employer that you are a good worker and someone they'd like to keep around. Consider the following helpful tips, known as The Big 5:
- Show up Everyday: by being consistently responsible, you will gain the respect of your employer.
- Be on Time: promptness shows that work is your top priority.
- Be Ready for Work: your performance depends on your attitude.
- Be Willing to Learn: by developing new skills you can become more efficient.
- Maintain a Good Attitude: having control of your emotions can make you more effective.